Geminus brings multi-monitor support, screen rotation (for LCD panels
that can be used in portrait modes), graphics acceleration and faster JPEG
rendering to the IYONIX pc desktop.
Other features include the ability to transform/rotate JPEGs, which is
available for all RISC OS machines, and Red/Blue colour swapping to support
other graphics cards and digital outputs such as DVI (not yet supported by
the NVidia driver module).
- Multi-monitor support. Install additional graphics card(s) in your
IYONIX pc and expand your desktop to span multiple screens.
- Portrait modes. Create modes that can be used on a rotated LCD panel.
- Acceleration. Geminus makes more extensive use of the 2D graphics
hardware present on the NVIDIA graphics card (either GeForce2 or GeForce5)
as shipped with the IYONIX pc. It also uses the off-screen graphics memory
to increase the performance of your desktop, cacheing window contents and
- Faster JPEG rendering. Around 3 times faster than the JPEG decoding
and rendering provided by RISC OS 5 on the IYONIX pc.
- Rotated/transformated JPEG plotting can be used in many applications.
This is a feature that is not available in any version of RISC OS to date
because the API was specified but never implemented.
- Red/Blue colour swapping is available in 32bpp modes but has not
been properly finished and released as a feature. It is unlikely to be
useful at present, and is of limited use since the DVI and composite outputs
of the GeForce2 are still unsupported by the NVidia driver module.
Download Geminus now.
Instructions are included in the download, and may also be found
Geminus was originally available through
Spellings Ltd. Thanks to Neil for distributing my software, and for agreeing to it being made
Copyright © Adrian Lees 2008